CleanLight: Our Company is Dedicated to
Fighting Coronavirus & the COVID-19 Pandemic
If you’re in the health care industry or any other industry or situation in which you want to block the Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2), you’re wise to be looking at CleanLight UV-C, a highly-respected company based in The Netherlands that’s been researching the use of ultraviolet light to stop pathogens, including viruses. Three of the main benefits that distinguish us from other companies is our research, our product design flexibility, and our ability to rapidly create customized devices for specific situations.
Our founder, Arne Aiking, and our scientific team have long been intrigued by studies showing UV-C can kill viruses and other pathogens that affect human health. Founded in 2006, we mostly specialize in using ultraviolet light to stop molds and mildews that plague farmers and food processors. But when we saw the terrible spread and effects of the SARS-CoV-2 COVID-19 pandemic, we accelerated our research and design to fill an urgent need for using our products to help fight the pandemic and other pathogens that harm human health.
Here are just some of the scientific studies supporting the strategy of using CleanLight UV-C against SARS-CoV-2:
- In the August 2019 issue of the Journal of Applied Microbiology, an article titled “Effect of UV-C light or hydrogen peroxide wipes on the inactivation of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, Clostridium difficile spores and norovirus surrogate” reported UV-C was often more effective than hydrogen peroxide wipes and chemical treatment for disinfecting health care equipment and facilities.
- An article in the July 5 2018 issue of the journal Vaccine, titled “Ultraviolet-C irradiation for inactivation of viruses in foetal bovine serum,” reported UV-C radiation successfully, significantly reduced viral load of several different viruses.
- An article in the June 20 2018 issue of the journal International Journal of Food Microbiology,titled “UV-C inactivation of foodborne bacterial and viral pathogens and surrogates on fresh and frozen berries” reported that a very brief application of UV-C radiation inactivated several pathogens, including hepatitis A virus (HAV), Escherichia coli, and parasites such as Cyclospora caytanensis.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has officially stated that ultraviolet-C radiation is useful in getting rid of the COVID-19 Coronavirus and other Corona viruses.
- In the February 25 2017 issue of the prestigious medical journal The Lancet, in an article titled “Enhanced terminal room disinfection and acquisition and infection caused by multidrug-resistant organisms and Clostridium difficile,” researchers reported that adding UV-C radiation to existing hospital room sterilization materials and procedures created better health outcomes compared to standard sterilization procedures without UV-C.
- In the October, 2006 issue of the journal Transfusion, researchers reported that ultraviolet-C effectively inactivates a severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) in noncellular blood products. UV-C light took only 40 minutes to totally inactivate the virus.
- In the January 12 2020 issue of medical journal Vox Sanguinis, in an article titled “Inactivation of three emerging viruses - severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus, Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever virus and Nipah virus - in platelet concentrates by ultraviolet C light and in plasma by methylene blue (MB) plus visible light,” researchers used UV-C to inactivate SARS-CoV, Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever virus (CCHFV) and Nipah virus (NiV) in blood transfusion products. Treatment with half to three-fourths of the full UVC dose reduced the infectivity of SARS-CoV, CCHFV and NiV to the limit of detection (LOD) in platelet concentrates, and treatment with MB and a fourth of the full light dose decreased infectivity of SARS-CoV, CCHFV, and NiV to the LOD in plasma.
- In the May 2016 issue of the journal Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology, researchers verified the powerful effectiveness of using an automated triple-emitter whole room UV-C disinfection system to inactivate mouse hepatitis virus, strain A59 (MHV-A59) and MERS-CoV viruses on surfaces.
- China, the alleged place of origin of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, has reportedly eliminated the spread of the virus and is winning the battle against it. Part of their arsenal is ultraviolet-C light, which is being used to inactivate viruses in buses, on money, on medical equipment and in medical facilities.
CleanLight: A Proven History of Innovation & Excellence
When you look at our company and wonder why our CleanLight UV-C gear is so popular and reliable worldwide, you start with CleanLight founder Arne Aiking. He has decades of experience in forestry and other agriculture-related industries, and his idea for using ultraviolet light as a sanitizer and sterilizer in agriculture, food production, public spaces and health facilities came in a most interesting way.
What happened is that Arne was working as a forest scientist in Chile many years ago when he noticed a small army of female forestry workers diligently shuttling small trees from the trees’ nighttime home in a greenhouse out into the sunlight every morning. When Arne asked the women and their employer why they did this, they told him sunlight is a natural disinfectant that kills all the pathogens that build up on the plants overnight.
Arne responded by saying, “Your young trees are getting sunlight inside the greenhouse so why do you need to move them out into the open?” The forestry workers explained that most greenhouse materials block the ultraviolet-C (UV-C) radiation that kills pathogens on plants and other surfaces. Arne started researching UV-C and discovered to his delight that it is indeed a very powerful disinfectant and anti-pathogen.
Inspired by the idea of using UV-C to stop devilish pathogens that cost farmers and others hundreds of millions of dollars every year and could threaten our food supply, Arne spent years working with agriculturalists, agronomists, plant scientists, engineers and other experts to create the world’s best UV-C gear for fighting pathogens.
In 2006, Arne founded CleanLight in The Netherlands and began production of the most innovative, easy to use, safe and cost-effective crop protection technology ever seen. Today, our company is renowned worldwide, and we have to keep expanding to keep up with demand for our products!
CleanLight gear is exceptionally popular for many reasons. To start with, it’s built with the highest levels of design, engineering, components, quality control, and manufacturing standards. With thousands of satisfied CleanLight gear users in at least 26 countries, our products are used indoors and outdoors in all kinds of agricultural endeavors. They’re reliable, rugged, versatile, and effective.
Our gear protects field crops, greenhouse plants, flower bulb crops, harvested fruit, nuts and vegetables, legal cannabis, crop environments, equipment, and other infrastructure by killing harmful molds, mildews, virus and bacteria. Not only that, our gear sterilizes water and air, removing harmful pathogens constantly, quickly and easily.
Our customers discover that CleanLight UV-C liberates them from overreliance on harmful fungicides, mildewcides and other materials, saves time and money, makes their products safer and more compliant with organic and other safety and agricultural protocols, and allows them to grow crops they couldn’t have easily grown before.
The same benefits CleanLight provides in agriculture and food processing help you fight the virus that causes COVID-19 and other pathogens harmful to human health. Since the global pandemic started, we’ve been fielding calls from all over the world, and helping hospitals, doctor’s offices, airports use ultraviolet light to interdict the virus.
Another reason you’ll love CleanLight is we’re dedicated to product excellence and your satisfaction. Our team travels worldwide to work onsite with producers to design customized equipment for their needs. Our technical support and engineering people are superbly creative and innovative in creating gear that works best for you. Not only that, we give you the most practical counsel on how to use our gear for maximum benefits; this assistance includes videos and other customized instructions.
You’ll be glad to know that integrity, a passion for making the best equipment, professionalism, ethics, and innovative, proprietary scientific research and engineering are at the core of our company ethos. Traditional interventions used to fight harmful molds, mildews, pathogens and viruses create risk, cost a lot of money, time and effort, and can endanger workers and consumers. The good news is: CleanLight UV-C has been scientifically proven to reduce and even eliminate these pathogens safely, quickly and easily.
One of the most important facets of our company is that we’re always innovating, always upgrading, always responding to the world’s needs. For example, as soon as the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic became apparent, we put our scientists to work researching the novel virus to see if UV-C could help stop its spread. It can.
Within days of the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic crisis beginning, we’re already shipping our handheld UV-C products, UV-C tunnels and other anti-viral UV-C devices to hospitals, doctor’s offices, airports and other facilities. When used as directed, CleanLight UV-C kills Coronavirus on all surfaces and equipment (but don’t use it on your skin). Based on what we hear from health care professionals using CleanLight UV-C gear, our ultraviolet-C treatments in combination with other measures can totally eliminate viruses on surfaces, clothing, and other materials.
Let’s also note that using CleanLight UV-C is a way to beat Darwinian natural selection and the relentless adaptivity pathogens have shown as they quickly evolve to become immune to chemicals and drugs used against them.
In the same way overuse of antibiotics creates super-microbes impervious to antibiotics, overreliance on fungicides, mildewcides and similar chemicals is creating mutant, nearly-immortal pathogens. When used as directed, our UV-C light treatments stop those pathogens without giving them the opportunity to develop immunity to UV-C’s killing power.
Now you see the obvious fact that CleanLight is the leader in UV-C technology because our gear is designed and works better, our products are reliable, safe and easy to use, we’re pioneers and innovators, we’re science-based, and most of all…we’re 100% dedicated to solving your pathogen problems so you have better outcomes, fewer hassles, and more profits.
Get in touch with us today and see how CleanLight UV-C gear helps you fight SARS-CoV-2 and other pathogens that harm humans. We’re a proven leader in ultraviolet germicidal irradiation. Using our diverse array of handheld, automated, large-scale and customizable UV-C devices that kill viruses in air, water, and on surfaces, together we can make our world safer by eliminating pathogens safely and easily, using the sterilizing power of UV-C light.